Snow Effect

Monday, January 10, 2011

Guest Blogging

I wanted to let everyone know that in the last week, I have been invited to write two guest blogs for two different companies in the past few weeks.

Last week, Yahoo emailed me and asked if I wouldn't mind writing a guest blog for their YQL blog. This morning a company named SmartBear Software emailed me and asked me to also write a guest blog for them.

Why does Yahoo want me to write a guest blog for YQL? Last month, I participated in a programming contest for a company called Kynetx, and I won a $250 gift cert to Amazon. Part of the contest was to win integrate Kynetx with YQL. This I successfully did, and built a code completion tool for their the Kynetx appbuilder. It is quite detailed and provides much more functionality than a traditional code completion tool.

Why does SmartBear want me to write a guest blog for them? SmartBear Software is the owner of my favorite test automation tool to use for console application testing, TestComplete. The users of TestComplete are often NOT experienced programmers/scripters. In the past, I have spent a considerable amount of time answering community questions and participating in community conversations to help spread the gospel of TestComplete. I have helped people in quite a few different states, including a few different countries. SmartBear is apparently beginning to provide opportunities for community users to gain exposure by allowing them to guest blog on their site. They chose one of my community comments, and asked me to elaborate and write a guest blog on it.

Needless today, I am exicted. I am going to have to pick a night this week and write some blog posts. I am excited.

1 comment:

Alex Forbes said...

I am excited as well. As Community Manager for SmartBear, I want to help facilitate dialogues between our users who all share different knowledge and experiences. One doesn't necessarily need expertise in script-based testing, keyword testing, or any other kind of automated testing, not to mention our host of other software quality tools for peer code review, test management, project management, etc. As long as the topic genuinely helps others in the SmartBear Community of software testers, developers, etc., I am game to learn of it, and I'm sure the rest of the Community would just enjoy the opportunity to learn from other users. Together we can help empower one another to improve software quality.

Thank you very much. I look foward to working with you, and the rest of our SmartBear Community.

Best,
Alex
SmartBear Community Manager

Followers