Snow Effect

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gmail-Facebook Crossover

I am a little over half way through a current project. The project is to make a Google-Facebook crossover all, that will allow you to send a gmail to your facebook friends wall AND ALSO email a facebook message to your gmail contacts.

Currently the half that is built is the half that allows you to SEND/FORWARD from Gmail to facebook. The functionality isn't what I would want. Facebook won't allow programmers to send messages anymore. I guess that many programmers abused the privilege early on, so they took it away. So... instead of being able to send the gmail to your friends fb inbox, you can post it to their wall. I know... not as cool as you would like, but it is out of my hands. The sucky thing is, I wasted days trying to figure out a way to do it anyways, and I couldn't figure a way around their prevents.

The half that will be done by Monday, is the piece that will allow you to send a Facebook message as an email to a Gmail contact. So... if you are like me, and all of your contacts for your phone are in Gmail, then this is great.

Between Facebook and Gmail, I have all of the people that I need to email to. With this plugin, it will help centralize your ability to email your friends. It is pretty cool.

I need some people to use it and let me know what you think. To use it, install the appropriate browser plugin:

And if you must know (and the throw props to those who deserve it), I am using the following pieces to do this:
Please use it and give me some feedback as to how it works! Remember, you can't hurt my feelings. I need to know what you think could be better. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

still not done. I wish. In the middle of a few other projects. Might be done in a month.

Followers